PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised and Improved Glasgow College Course (Merged)
Old 27th Jan 2004, 04:33
opsbod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mister Rainbow, I agree that it does appear that the college have not met your requirements the first time round. I and a number of other Ops Managers have tried to steer the college in the right direction and hope we have made considerable progress. UKOMA aims to “provide a means by which the airline operations community can continually improve and evolve” and a number of members feel that at present we will all gain if this course is successful.

There will certainly be a monthly clinic at TangoLand and if this is a more convenient place to meet Kevin and received the support you need then pm me and I will be happy to assist. This offer is not just open to Mister Rainbow, but any student of the course.

If you chose to get your money back and leave the course, this again is your choice; no-one is holding a gun to your head yet.

However, please bear in mind ICAO will not approve this course or any other as meeting any ICAO standards. The FAA dispatch licence course at Sheffield and elsewhere is not and cannot be approved by ICAO since ICAO is not the regulating body, in the US the FAA is, in the UK the CAA is the responsible body. Other European countries are already introducing ICAO 7192 as their training standard and have approved some training orgainisations to deliver such courses, Sweden & France to name a couple.

I know that the college have been speaking to the CAA and will be approaching them in the future for further recognition of the course. Please also remember that the college and its course work are already approved for CAA and JAR pilot training, to my knowledge this is more than any other organisation in the UK currently offering Ops training has.

Last edited by opsbod; 27th Jan 2004 at 04:50.