PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next ancillary wheeze
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2024, 10:10
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
If you have priority on Ryanair you are entitled to a wheelie + second cabin bag. Jet2 you are entitled to both, also the case for several legacy carriers. These people are doing nothing wrong.

Also, why are these people selfish? Surely it’s more selfish to want to hold people up getting on with their trips just because they’ve travelled light and you’re taking the kitchen sink. And you don’t know their circumstances. On the same flight to Malaga some may be going for a weekend and some might be having their annual big two week holiday.
My baggage fits the dimensions exactly. I took 34 flights last year and have never had a problem with my bags. The only time that I have seen a size check was with Easy and that resulted in a fight and passengers offloaded.
The airlines have what they wished for, they introduced charges for hold baggage to persuade us to only take carry on baggage. They introduced carry on baggage charges to make certain all the carry ons would fit in the cabin. They bundle priority boarding with carry on baggage charges so that those with carry on baggage are boarded first and have time to stow their baggage.
It’s simple, it’s all about turnaround times. Don’t blame the passenger, they are only doing what they have been nudged to do.