PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why would you come to CX?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2024, 04:01
Meursault

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CessNah
What's everyone's opinion on the impeding mainland invasion of Taiwan and the implication that has on not just CX as a business, but HK as a whole? Aside from the behemoth of toxic reasons I read on this forum, the mainland's recent escalation is enough to put me off from wanting to move out there.
Valid point. I guess the problem is the unpredictability. Taiwan is the rethoric target of China since decades, so far they did not attack. I don't know the answer, but one thing is certain, it would affect not only the region, it would cause a major global crisis. Sure, HK would be dangerously close, but trade between China and rest of the world is a substantial part of any international airline. I would say the risk is largest with any cargo airline and least with LCC?

Also consider the significant risks of escalation in the Gulf area, in South Africa, in Mexico/Venezuela/South America, in Europe/Ukraine. In the end a question of where you are right now and how you assess the risk at your home I would say.I recently flew with a Ukrainian, a Filipino and a guy from Simbabwe. I don't think they are as concerned about Taiwan as others..

Last edited by Meursault; 1st Feb 2024 at 09:33.