PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why would you come to CX?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2024, 23:26
Will IB Fayed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herewego75
I have been struggling with this question recently. As a 747 pilot, I see all my peers around me becoming demotivated and depressed. I am astounded that pilots are still applying and coming to Cathay Pacific.

I have to witness the pure disrespect that the company is showing every pilot and cabin crew, including me. It is disgusting that the managers of flight operations are allowing this. They should be ashamed of themselves.
There is right and wrong in life and what is going on in CX at the moment is WRONG.

If any new pilot is thinking about Cathay Pacific as a future employer. I beg you to reconsider. You will be treated like rubbish. You will work hard to become a professional in your flying career only to be ignored and overlooked.

Seniority means absolutely nothing. The amount of upgrades that are happening out of seniority is unbelievable. This does not just affect a person's goodwill to the company but affects his earning potential, staff travel priority etc. Fleet transfers are no longer done fairly and openly but it's done at the behest of the company. They have ruined so many lives and caused countless stress to their pilots and cabin crew.

If you join as a DEFO, be careful with all the lies you are told. You will eventually have to accept that this is a company that will throw you under the bus if needed.
If you are joining as a SO please understand that you will sit for many many years before you get taken seriously. You will be abused by the rostering system and not have control of your life.

If any member of the AOA or the FAU is reading this, please let's all band together and formulate a plan to put an end to this madness. Your members are paying you to protect them and give them sound advice. Why are you not doing so?

In my eyes both the union and company are to blame.

All this I have written above is in my honest opinion and what I have observed recently.
What a pathetically transparent attempt to stop new recruits from joining in the hope CX will improve your conditions.
Grow a pair and leave.