PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook ZD576 - The Concealed Evidence
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2024, 16:50
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 89 Likes on 35 Posts
Just taught myself iPlayer (yes, really - I never watch the telly these days...) to view the 2-parter. They used the 2 hours very well to get the important points across - fortunately everyone involved is articulate. I'm particularly impressed by the way the Belfast Telegraph/ Toronto Globe and Mail reporter realised his error then set out to correct it - an example many of the people featured over and over again in Mr Hill's books could learn from.

I'm pretty sure I've written in the original thread about my afternoon with Wratten in Bosnia (where he arrived resplendent in his flying suit with 56 Sqn scarf - in the colours of the Bosnian flag, ISTR). As a QHI on task, when first encountering an individual you only ask questions to which you already know the answer. I'd checked with the Sqn and spoken to the previous Chinook mate who'd flown him in the front seat - so I wasn't in the least surprised when his answer to my question about any previous Chinook flying experience was an emphatic "no". I agree with Tuc - Wrotten positively oozed out of the screen during his interview.