PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2024, 07:49
admikar

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Of course it helps the enemy, if estimates of Russian losses are running at 1000 a day and you release your losses on given days, they can see where combat was taking place on those given days and compare losses, if the Russians are lower then they can see the advantage of pressing the attack in those area. It also gives Russia indications of Ukrainian strength, reserves and If they can maintain replacements.

Plus it does your troops moral no good, nor those back home to show how many they are losing, nor for recruitment.
You're missing the point. I am not asking Ukraininans to release their losses. I'm sure these datasets from Russian side can be found. But you don't want to bother, which is fine. But that brings us to something else: false security. It's akin to 3rd Reich propaganda how they are winning all over the Europe and then they suddenly lost. Or closer to home: in ex-YU wars, Serbs were strong, Serbs were invincible. That was the narative. And then Serbs lost whole "state" in 48 hours. Serbs almost lost Banja Luka. It took Milosevich to threaten Serbia entering the war to stop Croat/Muslim forces from advancing. He didn't do it because he cared so much about us, he did it to prevent even bigger human wave hitting Serbia.
General concensus here, and in general population, is that Ukraininans are winning this because they are not losing anything. Some people know better, but most of the population is fine with dwindling aid since Russia is losing anyway. Why should they give even more money if everything is fine?
Originally Posted by Low average
Looking at X, one might think that the Ukranians are wreaking havoc on the Russians, and I think that's true to a point, however I've also noticed that many Russian posts showing Ukranian fatalities are quickly removed from X, never to be seen again. Active censorship appears to be taking place on X to give the impression that the Ukranians are doing better.

Telegram is a different matter entirely. Plenty of Ukranian death and destruction to be seen on there.

I think the Ukranians are paying a greater price than many realise for the world's half-hearted support, and the world should know that, and feel the bitterness, anger and shame as they watch the many, many videos out there of Ukranians being killed by Russian drones.
Exactly.
The following users liked this post: