PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2024, 01:58
BravoSierraLima

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by farrari
RobCL
I sent u my cell, but have not heard from you.
I know DC and PL at the AFAP. Nice people .
But they are industry lawyers not professional Industry negotiators.
That is the problem.
And just a timely item. The government is helping those who get caught in Bracket Creep, no need to help us as we fixed that !
A genuine question: does anyone know the names of any professional industry negotiators who are NOT aligned with the interests of employers? My limited googling so far shows businesses in this area are exclusively aligned with the interests of employers. Further to this, a previous post asked about US pilot union negotiators. They have broadly the same structure as here, motivated pilots stand for election and are deeply involved in negotiations.

If pilots want the full service package of lobbyists with preferential access to the left wing government currently in power then they'll need to be in a union affiliated with Labor such as the TWU. AFAP is course not aligned with Labor and as such will not receive preferential access to ministers and their offices, but might be more heard when the electoral pendulum swings the other way.

In reply to the post asking for proof of stop/go operators making $130k: Sydney traffic controller reveals she earns almost $3000 a week | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site