PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 07:53
fdr

Received 862 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Geriaviator
A well reasoned explanation, fdr, even I can follow it. Thank you.
I wish that it wasn't necessary. I have no faith that Putin won't murder Ukrainians just to hide his embarrassment at being caught in a lie, which, like one or two other politicians we seem top be blessed with, only when they are awake. I have no confidence in Putin not undertaking the deliberate murder of 60 people just to CYA his delicate behind.

On the timing, that is going to be within +/-325m in the radius, and the location could be about up to 325m along the arc to the NE (clockwise) of the position I have calculated. The distance and time from the detonation to impact gives a possible but extremely high speed, so position along the arc clockwise would bring that down some, but it is still an extremely high speed impact. If someone has a series of frames of the last seconds, the angular change will give a fair speed value, it will be eye watering. No body came out of that in a tidy manner.

[the horizontal component of their speed is around 210 m.sec, vertical assuming they were only at, say, 10,000', 3000m (WAG), is 146m/sec, and the TAS averages 255m/sec, or about M0.785. Thats about 510KCAS average.. it's a lot of bang at the bottom].

Last edited by fdr; 28th Jan 2024 at 08:09.