PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2024, 23:18
zero/zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ohfeck
From the conference call today apparently some 28 resignations this month alone, that’s got to tell you something (if I got that wrong I’ll edit, was half asleep from a flight).

I’ve heard of people going to BA especially now they are taking direct to LH, Jet2, DHL ( didn’t know they were hiring again), some back to easy and the Sandpit. Everyone you speak to is looking and thinking of jumping. It’s partly from the t&c’s and work life balance but also lots still not sure it’s going to survive. They keep saying this is the year they make money…well how have we not with the loads and the ticket prices?

i don’t know how many new joiners we are getting month but I would be shocked if it’s close to that many. So the end result is already tired and fed up crews are going to be worked harder and get more tired and go sick and the circle repeats…
and to really inspire the troops the new head of flight crew pilot manager or whatever silly title he’s given himself gave us all an admonishment about the Christmas sickness….

numbers wise about 9% down on the f/o ranks for the foreseeable future and most likely staying bad as more bug out.
You definitely got that number wrong...