PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Short Haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2024, 06:08
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
I get where you’re coming from Clearice.
At the moment pilots who feel like you have two choices, A) work flat- out and deal with the health and lifestyle issues, or B) Retire asap.
Maybe you guys and gals could negotiate for an option C where you can ease out of the industry over your last working decade? It would benefit the company in that long term sickness would decline and pilots would work on an extra couple of years. It would also be nice to hold onto the experience for a bit longer although I doubt the company would see that as a benefit.
Lol... I'm not even 40 yet. No plans to retire. I just have no interest in doing 80+ hours every month with minimum days off. I'll give em a free pass at Christmas/ Easter but otherwise....they Can shove it. I just won't turn up. As someone Said,. If you get $10k out of a new EBA but give protections away does it justify the cost? You get an extra $100ish a week after tax. Big deal. Did you get to see your kids footy game? Date night with the other half? See your elderly parents? BBQ with friends? No, your doing a Mel Syd for 3 hours of pay and 8 hours+ of duty. Will you think about that 10k when your kids forget you exist, The Mrs hates you, your parents are no longer around and your friends have their BBQs without you?
What we need to achieve as an industry is fair pay gains to offset inflation, appropriate fatigue rules especially around roster builds etc AND an appropriate work life balance.
Even the office minions are moving towards a 4 day working week.

​​​​
The following 4 users liked this post by cLeArIcE: