PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Short Haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2024, 04:02
ShandywithSugar

Received 113 Likes on 37 Posts
Dear Association and Federation ,

Please see DirectAnywhere post #163 as an initial log of claims with no offsets to be given, as these were given in the Winton Variation.

Regards,

SH.

Let’s be honest, we squeeze a 10k pay rise out of the company, the government takes half of it anyway. Is it worth giving away any of the few lifestyle protections in shorthaul for that?

I need more days off, several less than 18 days per roster at work. Now THAT will make a difference to my life. I need dense flying that doesn’t have me sitting around in ports on 3 day trips, unpaid, spending 24 hours upline so I can do a red eye while subsidiaries come and go multiple times.

I need some recompense for sitting around terminals for 2 hours waiting, unpaid.

I need the company to be forced to build efficient patterns, that don’t have me paxing somewhere for 1/2 pay, or paxing for an unpaid overnight to pick up flying that should have been built out of another port during pattern planning. If I’m at work, they should pay me, 100%, no half pay. That’s just BS. They need to build efficient patterns. If I’m not at home, I should be getting paid 100%, not 50%. That’s MY time you’re taking and wasting.

You know, you spend 12 hours at work for 6 hrs credit which comes down to 3 hrs post tax. You look at the net hourly rate for that and wonder what the hell you’re actually doing there.

What I really want is more days off and more efficiency when I’m at work - dense days and fewer of them (and then not getting screwed on the resultant AV days for 2 hours pay to pax MEL/SYD to operate one sector).
​​​​​​​
The following 3 users liked this post by ShandywithSugar: