PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB to probe Fedex/Southwest close encounter at Austin
Old 23rd Jan 2024, 20:59
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by punkalouver
A lot of gender and race based preferences these days to artificially change ratios. We read about it all the time. Based on an ATR crash and recent near collision disasters(JFK, HNL, AUS ), it would seem that the serious incidents may be skewed because of it, and only a mere 45 days into the year. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Remember the Atlas 767 where someone was hired despite a terrible known past and a terrible in company training record, yet allowed to continue training and flying. Maybe it is that way for everybody in the company. Some on this forum would know. Just a repeat of the Buffalo Dash-8 accident despite the new regulations that were implemented to prevent a repeat? Maybe.

The only truly near disaster that happened at a company I know very well(aircraft ended up within a couple of thousand feet laterally and zero feet vertically of a mountain at 300 knots) was a 777 given a wrong turn in LA from a controller that fit the preference profile(I did some investigating). Over 300 people on board that flight. Controller then fired.

But of course, you are clearly told what a terrible person you are if you simply say Hire the Best with an equal chance given to everyone as safety is the top priority. Frequently the politicized invent problems in order to implement their pre-planned solutions. The vast majority of us know that women are much less interested in the airline pilot lifestyle, yet the politicized insist that it must be due to discrimination. The same politicized types seem to have no issue or outcry with the gender imbalance for dirty jobs like trash collectors, construction and sewer workers(which can be reasonable paying union jobs with a pension). I don’t see any Women in Trash Collection organizations. But those are not glory jobs like an airline pilot. So we are reminded over and over about how terrible we are. Mainstream industry magazines publish this on a regular basis. Try to discuss this sort of thing online and governments literally threaten hate speech laws, slowed only by the courts, if one is fortunate.

Those vegans will kill a lot of people. But at least they will save the world. And if a minefield has been created for the NTSB to simply investigate, safety has definitely been compromised.

The amazing thing is how many people, both on the inside and outside of aviation, are willing to participate in that compromising. Many of whom on the inside would proudly never compromise any other safety standard.

And while I don’t expect my diatribe to have any effect on those who have implemented this into what has become standard policy in society, you will never be able to say that you were not warned by a dinosaur.

Originally Posted by hans brinker
For the last few decades aviation has gotten safer, as more diverse people have entered the field, so proving your point with statistics will be hard.
While my initial list of incidents included a taxi incident in HNL, it appears that the near disaster departure from HNL may be added to the list if the tweet is correct.

Rob Schneider tells United Airlines CEO he won't fly airline because it prioritizes ‘diversity’ over 'safety' | Fox News

"As evidenced by the near aviation catastrophe of UA Boeing 777 flight 1722 from Maui to San Francisco Dec 18th 2023, where your diverse but incompetent flight crew didn’t know which flaps were causing its near disastrous dissent, coming within 750 feet of killing every one aboard your United Airline."

A United Airlines spokesman told FOX Business shortly after the incident that an investigation revealed the pilots involved needed "additional training" to prevent such situations.