PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supply Stupidities
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2024, 10:00
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by staircase
Interesting about the imprest tales.

I had to return one following a few days away in Europe, and a few days later got a telephone call from accounts to say that my imprest was .10p short and could I come to SHQ and pay it. I asked if they were ‘joking’ and was eventually ordered to go down there and pay it by my boss.
Along those lines, I used to work for a company now no longer with us, amongst the things they did was overhaul props.

A man travelled down from the Midlands in a company vehicle to pick up an overhauled prop from the South, he had been given a cheque to pay for it, the cheque was 50p short, so the stores contacted accounts and were told under no circumstances release the prop until the 50p was paid and he would need to drive back to the Midlands to collect the 50p.

The driver had no monies on him and was at a loss, so the storeman chipped in the 50p so he could be on his way home and the company sent the storeman some monies as a thank you.

Come the reckoning,

The company involved overhauled their engines and props in buildings situated at the home of the company owner, and he did not want anyone else to have access to his property, so he sent his lacky to secure the overhaul shops at whatever cost.

The bidding started and reached a fair price for the set up, but a bidder at the back kept raising his hand and up the price went, when the price had well exceeded the estimated value the man stopped bidding some i think 25K ish over the value of the property and the owner got his land secured.

After the sale the man approached the lacky and told him to pass on a message.. Remember the 50p your wouldn't let my driver off, well it just cost you a whole lot more..
The following 2 users liked this post by NutLoose: