PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Reality of Seeking a First GA Charter Job
Old 22nd Jan 2024, 03:15
hazza4257

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned the obvious route into aviation. Nearly anyone with the cash can go to the US on an F1 visa, train as an instructor and come home with 1500 hours. It should be especially attractive to Australians who can stay indefinitely on an E3 visa and walk straight into a regional jet job. I genuinely don't understand why someone would chose not to go where the jobs are plentiful.
Sounds like this comment I received yesterday while asking a question in a GA facebook group:

"We have a CASA to FAA conversion course and high demand for CFIs. Convert your license and complete instructor training in the USA. Instructors fly 80-100hrs a month so you can reach ATP minimums within 18 months of arriving.
We have a pathway program to Skywest who are taking applicants as they reach ATP minimums. They are also offering a $15,000USD tuition reimbursement to put towards your training and conversion.
So from where you are now, to flying Jets in about 18 months.
Email [email protected] for more information."

Thoughts?