PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supply Stupidities
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2024, 19:14
Ninthace

Received 1,038 Likes on 622 Posts
Command accounts were a funny lot.
A month or so into the FY they would be asking why I had not spent any money: "Because you haven't told me how much money I have got to spend yet"
So they would tell me how much money I had and I would immediately order IT, to the value of the budget, for the Stations in the Command as per my "master plan"
This would cause a panic because Accts could only do straight line graphs, so they were now convinced I was heading for an overspend.
Once all the orders had been placed, I would stop spending, they would relax and, for a few weeks, I a paragon of accountancy virtue as their graph was now pointing in the right direction.
Then they would have an underspend elsewhere and, because I was good at spending money quickly, they would give me the money which I would use for the units I had had to disappoint in the first spend.
Oddly, Accts would then be bemused by the sudden jump in my next long term costing when I factored in the need to replace all the kit that had been bought with the underspend.