PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - come on Britannia...
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2004, 14:31
sacha69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Britannia training

Congrats on passing interview.

I left Britannia last year where i was Senior Cabin Crew. It sounds like you are going to be starting at about the same time of year as i did. We trained over xmas (we did get the day off though!)

Can't know for sure, but i would guess that they want you flying by start of summer season 1st May, so training the very latest to start mid March, but probably before. It isn't too long to wait!!

As for what to expect, it may have changed in last few years, but from wot i remember it lasts about 5 weeks, depending on your base and what aircraft you have to learn. YOu start with paperwork, i.d's, work references, as you need these to get i.d. and some may not have replied so you need to chase those(takes longer than you think!)

I then think you are chucked into going thru the manual! starting with safety and security for all aircraft. first aid is in there somewhere. You will have a date to do your lifeboat training at local swimming pool. There are also mock-ups in the simulator which they have there smoke filled cabin etc. Cabin services is last. If training is still at East Midlands which i suspect it is. Then you stay at local hotel sharing a room with one other for duration of course. You get DB&B included.

Throughout you will go on Aircraft and crew room visits. Ask as many questions as you can think of even if they sound daft. Believe me, all the others will probably be thinking the same!

You finish with your wings presentation ceremony!! And that's you off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think that covers the basics, if you want any more detail, then please feel free to post a message or private message me. I will help if i can.

Best of luck

Sacha