PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 19th Jan 2024, 12:09
737pilotguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baker262
Hey guys hope you are doing fine.
I present you my case to see if anyone could help me.
I am an A320 FO with 2000+ hours and 23 years old and I am planning to go to the US to work there as I have a lot of family there and conditions are 1000 times better than Europe.
Short story my dad is a US citizen but never did any permit or green card 🥲 and because now I am older than 21 I need to go through the green card process as a son of a US citizen older than 21 which is 5+ years.

What I was wondering is if even that I do not have 10 years of experience, because 10 years ago I was 13, if I could apply to this “Pilot VISA” because I am the son a US citizen. I know is a hard question and if anyone knows a lawyer that could help me it would be super.

Also last topic and thank you for reading, is it hard to get a sponsorship from an airline in the US? And do you know any pilot with a sponsorship that I could contact ? Because that is my other option, to convert my EASA license to ATP and try to get a sponsorship.

Thank you very much guys, safe flights.🤘🏻✈️
Hi Baker,
Sorry to say, but if you're currently outside of the US, the F1 final action date is still at January 2015. You're looking at nine years wait time. I'd still start the process, alot will happen in the meantime. The wait will always be long, you might as well start the waiting period asap.

There is no specific "pilot visa" as you say. An EB2 visa is an employment-based visa based on your exceptional abilities and experience. Having family ties to the US won't help speed things up or make you any more qualified. I have family living in the US and this was not a factor in my petition and approval.

Finally, I am not aware of any airline sponsoring work visas to the US. I know Atlas sponsored H1B before but I think that's not the case anymore. Some regionals used to (Mesa, Skywest) sponsor E3 work visas to Australians as well. I don't know if that's still the case. But those visas are also temporary work visas, not immigration visas.

Start the F1 process and wait. Apply for the DV lottery and hope. Good luck.