PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 17th Jan 2024, 21:25
Baker262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys hope you are doing fine.
I present you my case to see if anyone could help me.
I am an A320 FO with 2000+ hours and 23 years old and I am planning to go to the US to work there as I have a lot of family there and conditions are 1000 times better than Europe.
Short story my dad is a US citizen but never did any permit or green card 🥲 and because now I am older than 21 I need to go through the green card process as a son of a US citizen older than 21 which is 5+ years.

What I was wondering is if even that I do not have 10 years of experience, because 10 years ago I was 13, if I could apply to this “Pilot VISA” because I am the son a US citizen. I know is a hard question and if anyone knows a lawyer that could help me it would be super.

Also last topic and thank you for reading, is it hard to get a sponsorship from an airline in the US? And do you know any pilot with a sponsorship that I could contact ? Because that is my other option, to convert my EASA license to ATP and try to get a sponsorship.

Thank you very much guys, safe flights.🤘🏻✈️