PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supply Stupidities
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2024, 20:47
Ninthace

Received 1,045 Likes on 627 Posts
I was issued with a natty leather shoulder holster for a heady few days. After that, I tried to return it, but stores were having none of it and it followed me for the rest of my career, I couldn't even hand it in on retirement and I have never needed to play 007 since.

Then there was the time at Gütersloh when I was needed to play with the Harrier Force in Sennelager. It was a coldish German winter so I thought some cold weather gloves would come in handy. I popped into stores on the way to lunch to ask for a pair, only to be told they didn't have any. I carried on to the Mess where I chanced to meet the baby Supply Officer at the front door. I asked him what kind of ship he was running that did not stock cold weather gloves in winter? He promptly took me back to stores, went behind the counter and found a pair my size. Then he asked me who had said there weren't any. I pointed out the guilty party, whereupon he asked me if I could make my own way back to the Mess. I did not ask what happened but after that they seemed to have what I needed,