PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AsA TIBA/TRA/OPR Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2024, 20:05
keepemseperated

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReportVisual
Former staff who left can stay overseas. They didn't show any loyalty to the company so I don't see why ASA should offer them any thing more than what the trainees from the college get. Overseas providers are no where near as good as what is in Australia and those staff have probably de-skilled, making them no more valuable than what comes from the college.
Where do I start?

People have left to work overseas for many reasons over the years - professional development, following partners, travel opportunities, returning to their homeland and of course money, but does anyone really leave a $250K job just to stick it up ASA?

ASA openly welcomes back managers, some of whom left on bad terms, some of whom did exactly what I mentioned above i.e. explore professional development opportunities. PC and DB both come to mind, but unlike some, not many ATC's are part of the clique.

In terms of de-skilling - mate time to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Some of the very best controllers that I had the pleasure to work with are currently working at VHHH, EGLL, NZAA, OMDB and a handful are even trying to come back, yet it's a hard NO from ASA. I will say, even if they have de-skilled, they will still be far better than many that are currently on the roster.

ASA regularly pays overseas consultants to review procedures aimed at improving capacity, yet they potentially have access to this for 'free' yet dismiss it.
The following 3 users liked this post by keepemseperated: