PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2024, 22:48
No Idea Either

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbot
It’s all very basic stuff like wing sweep, flap types, braking performance on wet runway etc, I’d say no real study required, the right answer will stand out from the other multiple choices.
I work for VA, joined very early back when it started. There was no real technical interview back then but I still studied just because that’s what you do for an airline interview. I can’t help you with any answers to your questions as I haven’t ever had anything to do with interviews/recruitment but my advice is yes do a fair bit of study because…that’s just what you do…for an airline interview. If your asked a followup question to the ‘standard answer’, you need to be able to talk about topics a little bit deeper. If you can’t, you’re out. The topics mentioned by Tbot are all very applicable but please ignore the rest of his\her advice. If you study for days, weeks, months…whatever, even if they don’t ask any ‘hard’ technical questions on the day, the knowledge of course will still be of benefit. Tbot mentions the answer will stand out from the other multiple choice answers so I am not sure if your question was about a written tech exam or face to face interviews, in any case……I would study if I was you……if you want the job…..

And before I get written off as a ‘fanboy’, I agree 100% with Red69, morale is at an all time low amongst the pilot group. But let’s hope that the new EA and after Bain %#$& off after the float (fingers crossed) it may get better

Last edited by No Idea Either; 8th Jan 2024 at 22:49. Reason: Typo