PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying an AOC (P135)?!??!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2024, 02:57
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Gerald Garrett
Afternoon All,

I have a company that I work closely with that is interested in purchasing (purchasing the company that owns) a Part 135 AOC.

They do not need any aeroplanes or staff, just the bare-bones AOC and ops manual suite.

For aeroplanes it would be good to have a couple of basic types approved such as C210, BE58 etc if it has B200 etc even better.

Cheers.
I'd suggest that there would be quite a difference in the expertise required of your HOFO/HOTAC (that you claim to have) to get approval for a C210 versus B200 Part 135.
I'd also suggest that the 'O' in AOC implies that the holder Operates aircraft, so finding a Part 135 'in a box' with no aircraft but still functioning would be tricky. Some outfit on the verge of being shut down for regulatory non-compliance or teetering on bankruptcy maybe, but they'd probably want to unload whatever aircraft they had as part of the deal.
At the very least CASA would look on this as "significant change to an AOC" which is a Very Big Deal.
Get yourself a knowledgeable consultant with a good grasp of aviation law. Not one of the many main-chancers out there...someone who has successfully done it before.