PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXford and Jobs
Thread: OXford and Jobs
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2004, 12:55
Dr.Evil 2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OXford and Jobs

For those of you who did/are training at Oxford I wonder if you can offer your opinion on the following......
Now when I graduated I signed up/registered for the career development service offered by Oxford. Since then I have received my monthly email update (or not!!) from the ever so helpful, characterless and cant remeber your name even though he's met you over 50 times career development officer and have had the promise of serveral potential employers wanting to take Ox grads.

Sent my CV to Ox, waited...waited....waited. Have met the criteria for all the employers that have (apparently) approaced Ox for low hour pilots etc etc.

I then get the odd email saying the employer has put recruitment on hold or they are about to call forward some grads for selection. (Im sure this sounds familiar)

In the meantime my friends from other training providers are getting interviews, sims, JOBS and I am told I cannot apply direct to these airlines as it MUST go through Oxford.

Well i'm just a little bit miffed about it all. Yeah OK I understand that very recently some grads have got jobs with flybe but considering the amout of crews they are recruiting compared with the number of those that are Ox grads it appears to me that Ox are restricting my chances of employment rather than enhancing them.

Before anyone asks, I got a first time pass at g/school (90%) and first time passes at flight tests (finished with a grade 2)

Can anyone shed any light on all of this?