PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero Maleth Diversion
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:58
wowzz

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Sorry, I do beg to differ, and as I posted earlier that there are simply no alternate UK based Long Haul wide body Charter options for P&O today...(Only TUI - and they cannot provide the uplift).
Virgin Atlantic who have previously flown many Cruise Ship charters Contracts seemingly they did not want this gig.

As for Flight Catering/soft product, WHBM concurs with me, that any airline can Contract with a Flight Kitchen and book whatever the paying Charterer wants (P&O Cruises in this case).
If P&O had chosen to go for decent enhanced Hot meals/plus Afternoon Tea, and Dinner/Hot Breakfast on the return homeward then they could have done this.
Both LGW and MAN
have the full capacity to provide whatever the Airline and Charterer specifies for its Catering uplift and will pay for.
The A330's that MLT fly, do have ovens/galleys etc, and they are geared up for Legacy ACMI work with 2 A330's with both J and Y Class seating.
So what's the problem here?

​​​​​​​The whole Contract stinks and the UK Travel Industry has been very critical of P&O's total flunk up here...
AFAIK, the catering for both TUI and MLT flights is the same. So, from my experience last month, hot meal and then afternoon tea on outbound sector, hot meal and hot breakfast on inbound sector.