PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero Maleth Diversion
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2024, 11:31
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by G-AZUK
plenty of other Longhaul options, (There is NOT) but MLT was clearly the cheapest and/or the one the selected broker could make the most money from.

As for soft product, not every airline has the same capability and skill set to procure and deliver enhanced products (Oh Seriously LOL!),if an Airlines raison d'etre is usually junking around ACMI flying for other carriers then it is unlikely MLT have the capabilities to get this set up, something else which could have been checked beforehand by those earning money out of these flights. (MLT has other A330's in their fleet with J Class seating for ACMI!)

There's a lesson for P&O here (Er, yes) which hopefully they have heeded, and as for those involved who trumpeted the early few flights, they have gone remarkably quiet since.

Sorry, I do beg to differ, and as I posted earlier that there are simply no alternate UK based Long Haul wide body Charter options for P&O today...(Only TUI - and they cannot provide the uplift).
Virgin Atlantic who have previously flown many Cruise Ship charters Contracts seemingly they did not want this gig.

As for Flight Catering/soft product, WHBM concurs with me, that any airline can Contract with a Flight Kitchen and book whatever the paying Charterer wants (P&O Cruises in this case).
If P&O had chosen to go for decent enhanced Hot meals/plus Afternoon Tea, and Dinner/Hot Breakfast on the return homeward then they could have done this.
Both LGW and MAN
have the full capacity to provide whatever the Airline and Charterer specifies for its Catering uplift and will pay for.
​​​​​​​The A330's that MLT fly, do have ovens/galleys etc, and they are geared up for Legacy ACMI work with 2 A330's with both J and Y Class seating.
So what's the problem here?

​​​​​​​The whole Contract stinks and the UK Travel Industry has been very critical of P&O's total flunk up here...