PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you trust your Company Training Captains ?
Old 1st Jan 2024, 02:14
olster

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Complaining to the CAA about the conduct of an LPC is under Regulation 6. This is fully outlined in Doc 24 the CAA document on how to be a TRE. It is unfortunate that line pilots are not familiar with this document as it forensically details TRE conduct and procedures. This includes the statement to be relaxed and professional. Ironically first written by a fierce female flight ops inspector of legendary repute who conspicuously did not follow her own advice. I digress. This is clearly guidance not followed when barking about how the ex military pilots are there to help the hapless civilians ( as quoted in the case notes). I knew many fine trainers in VS, ex military or otherwise and they would not have behaved in this manner. In a similar vein to be failed on a wind shear event is unheard of in my experience (TRE appointment 1993). If the item is failed then it needs to be retested. The retest should come at the end of the test, it should clearly be stated as a failure and retraining should be offered prior to a retest. 2 fails in one item is a test failure. It does not appear to me that procedure was followed correctly nor communicated unambiguously to Captain Lawson. It would appear that there were clear grounds for a Reg 6 appeal. It would also seem that Virgin Atlantic’s training department has appointed some seriously rotten apples with skewed moral compass.