PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you trust your Company Training Captains ?
Old 31st Dec 2023, 10:21
testpanel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and in a training capacity…yes there are some really bad TREs and TRIs and confusingly a lot of very good ones. If VS, one of my former employers was one of those that concocted a sim failure presumably with the cooperation of the TRE then they should be ashamed of themselves. Very disappointing. There are always those with the larger egos who use training appointments as a stepping stone to management. Most don’t know why but it is just ego and ambition. Unfortunately the amoral among that group do not care about collateral damage.
This!^

I see it happening in my company right now.

Especially:
There are always those with the larger egos who use training appointments as a stepping stone to management.
I am only 38 years in this business and I was a tre and tri but what is happening nowadays is disgusting.

Candidates should know (and briefed) that in case any issue comes up during a LPC, the candidate has the right to go straight to the authorities and file a complain.

If a tre cannot put the terminal on the correct side of the Rwy, in a generic airport sim scenario she/he should not be there or at least brief accordingly!

Stay safe!
​​​​​​​