PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Same Job Same Pay legislation
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2023, 02:12
73qanda

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
guess the other question is how does this affect Alliance as they have a different EBA for every state and operation
I haven’t read the bill but from what I’ve seen in the press I imagine Alliance would be ok there because the different operations have EBA’s and they aren’t bringing staff in from a labour-hire company to avoid paying the EBA rates.
The trickiest one for the Qantas lawyers will be cabin crew in my opinion. Often there will be crew doing the same job at the same time on the same aircraft but one will be on less pay because they have been employed through a labour-hire company. Jetconnect pilots may prove to be a headache because they no longer have an AOC. If there is no AOC I doubt Jetconnect can be considered an Airline, so is it a labour-hire company that this law was designed to target? The previous attempt by AIPA to bring Jetconnect pilots inside the tent might play out differently if tested in the current political environment. When they last tried Jetconnect was an actual Airline. It would be a good move to bolster SH considering the impending fleet renewal will most likely bring route changes out of NZ due to greater range capabilities of the new aircraft.