PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bamboo Airlines crew configuration
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2023, 04:22
DirectAnywhere

Received 183 Likes on 39 Posts
All good.

Couple of things of note - frequently I taxi out to find the ATIS has changed a couple of times since I did my performance calculations, with no notification from ATC. Frequently I listen to aircraft give the previous ATIS on ground or approach and aren’t advised by the controller that it has changed.

In this instance, however, ATC confirmed with Bamboo the change of ATIS which Bamboo hadn’t actually listened to, in spite of stating that they had. 🤯

The crew stated in their interview that usually it would just be a change of wind or QNH - and “important” changes would be communicated by ATC rather than the ATIS.

That implies a level of complacency on behalf of the crew, but also that the critical information contained within the change of ATIS from O to P, ie. shortening the runway by 1500m or so, wasn’t communicated directly to the crew to confirm understanding.

ATC should be able to assume crews are competent and diligent, but as a systemic defence, communicating and confirming that change to crew taxiing for departure may have been wise.

Lots to pick through in this one.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 3rd Dec 2023 at 05:19.