PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we ever going to see US style pay. If not, why not?
Old 2nd Dec 2023, 19:41
menekse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Returning to CW247's original question: "If not, why not?" Could it be because sufficient numbers of pilots are turning up willing to work for existing conditions ?

If management don't see the business plan being threatened by lack of crews, why would they spend money improving those conditions ? All that matters is money.
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP
More pilots than jobs, crap pay. Less pilots than jobs, more pay. Anything else is meaningless.
We should define ''pilot''
Is considered pilot someone with a PPL?
Someone with a CPL and 200 hours on pistons?
You can pretty much buy a license, some extra hours till you learn how to land, some extra hours before the first solo and memorize a question bank.
In the Air Force if you were not cleared for solo flight after a specific amount of flight time you were kissing your flight career goodbye. I don't think flight schools are kicking out students that are weak pilots, they would go out of business.
Afterwards you can buy some interview preparation tests and some hours on the sim you expect the assessment.
That's why there are so many pilots in the market. They can just buy the license and the assessment preparation.
Until harder entry requirements are enforced and followed (some airlines officially have hard requirements but hire below these requirements) don't expect any true money. They will always find someone for less money, till CFITs
That's what happens in ME that's why you can pocket some descent money and I read the same in US

I am not saying that there are no good pilots without military background. I am saying that more filters should apply than a license or an assessment that you can buy the perfect preparation