PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we ever going to see US style pay. If not, why not?
Old 1st Dec 2023, 23:14
spiffolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
If the EU were to up the required post-licensing hours for aspiring airline F/Os, would the industry/aviation infrastructure over there be able to provide some mechanism to get these low-hour pilots a sizeable increase in hours to satisfy increased hour requirements ?

personally I don't think so. US has a lot of low level jobs for fresh out of school pilots(EG: crop dusting, banner flying, pipe checking, paradropping, aerial photography etcetc) apart of instructor obviously, in the EU lots of those aren't as present(if im not wrong in all the Mediterranean area there is only 1 company that does banner flying in Portugal and is tied to a flight school from spain so a dude from Poland or Italy or whatever other EU member state wouldn't make the cut most likely) it wouldn't be able to sustain a hichups, let alone a constant, stream of Low hours FO similar like the US.

Let's take as a dumb example PCC lowhours section, go and have a laugh on the type of posting is there, not for the type but rather the min requirement or the amount of companies that actually are there(especially in EU region).... I mean, unless they revamp a lot to search any type of low level companies helping the search(and I mean this as a way for fresh out of school to get better informations as they usually only have word of mouth and quick google search to find such low level jobs) i dont see it to ever get closer at all