PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots... Again.
Old 1st Dec 2023, 20:08
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
CVD guinea pigs will be aware that the expensive CAD test is inflicted on them as a means to destroy their career aspirations and careers.

I submitted an FOI request for access to: “the current instrument determining the test commonly known as the Colour Assessment and Diagnosis for the purposes of either or both of CASR 67.150(6)(c) and CASR 67.155(6)(c)”. It's taken a while, including an internal review, but here is the outcome with bolding added:
I refuse your request for access as I am satisfied the document you are seeking does not exist.

Through searches of CASA’s registry files and liaison with the relevant CASA business areas, there is no record of a document relevant to the scope of your access request.
Pause to consider the expense and mayhem caused by the CAD, and the fact that CASA can find no written evidence of the exercise of the power to determine the CAD as a ‘third tier’ test, by a person with the power to do so. (There is of course another minor point: The CAD simulates no operational situation known to aviation.)

I anticipate the insouciantly arrogant response of the crusaders in AvMed: We say it, so it is done!

The following 2 users liked this post by Clinton McKenzie: