PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we ever going to see US style pay. If not, why not?
Old 29th Nov 2023, 22:02
Garcia37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CW247
I have seen non TR A320, B737 and ATR opportunities this week.
Originally Posted by spiffolo
Yeah, I saw (and applied with other 3 colleagues) to the one you think of i believe, but one thing is posting an ad, the other is actually hiring.....for how I see it, its mostly as a "we have to post it but dont really care about it"

One example which means nothing overall is for a small regional Irish company with an ad went from NTR 150tt posting to TR 1000tt and 200 on machine in the span of two weeks.....which means they got loads of CVs for the first, dumped all and reposted when notice that the "shortage" is only real for experienced pilots

Anyway, to avoid derailing this thread, ill go back to my corner lurking
Most of the jobs are for sure Type Rated. There might be some non TR jobs but we'd have to see the Terms and Conditions.
It's true, there is 1 or maybe 2 airlines that have a good salary and roster.
However, all that glitters is not gold. That airline has had the position open for a while, and even if you apply, they might call you, but maybe in 3, 6 or 9 months. Then call you for an interview, make you wait for the sim and then you'd be in a pilot pool.

That means that, although there is a captain shortage, there is not a FO or brand new cadets shortage. Therefore they have no need to improve salaries, as there are tons of cadets willing to pay +30k€ on top of the 60k-120k€ that's already been paid. Supply and Demand, as they say.
And we can heavily discuss or disagree with the 1500h rule, but that surely has given a heavy leverage to Americans pilot.