PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abort Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2023, 18:06
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gizm0
Strikes me the airlines (& managers) that you worked for must have had little confidence in the competence of their F/Os. In particular the third one: not allowing the F/O to call stop at any stage - and then only the Captain being allowed to action the RTO - seems to be bordering on downright dangerous. Perhaps that airline didn't allow the F/O to do anything! I well remember one of my first commercial flights as a second officer (but in the RHS) and being told "sit there, don't touch anything & speak only when you are spoken to"!! Fortunately things improved as CRM became a reality & the crusty old flying boat Captains retired......
First airline was "reject x 3" (I think?), called by either, done by PF, worked well every time. Current airline is type 3, and I don't like it at all. I have to take over control during a failure that might lead to control difficulty? FO as PF can continue flying and land after a failure, but not bring the aircraft to a stop, even though he does that every other leg???