PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Reopening Perth Base
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2023, 19:27
Ollie Onion

Received 244 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
It’s funny that the proponents of cadet schemes always retreat to the ‘everyone else does it and they don’t have safety issues’ argument when what they are beautifully describing is a normalisation of deviance. I’m not saying cadets are dangerous any more than I’m saying they’re not but it doesn’t make sense to defend a scheme that exists solely to undercut pilot T&C’s and to fill a supply problem of the airlines creation. If the career was so great they would have no problem filling spots.

It’s good to see the PER base reopening, it’s just a shame that QF chose to run such an amateurishly short term game, sure they can claim it’s ’just business’ but the damage they did to families cannot be ignored. They really need to stop pretending to give a fvck about the mental health of their employees because it’s clear they don’t.
exactly, that is what drives me mad, Qantas speaks about mental health etc but we’re quite happen to destroy lives during Covid and in a very blunt way. I got a ‘sign the variation to this contract by 0900 or be made redundant’ and that was after asking for 24 hours to look it over, not to mention the threat of closing our airline every time we dare to ask for an improvement in conditions and of course the multiple families effected by unnecessary base closures etc. then you get the nice, ‘don’t forget to look after your mental health’ emails…… GASLIGHTING at its finest.
The following 10 users liked this post by Ollie Onion: