PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation CAE MPL easyJet
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2023, 12:17
bitcoin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all,

Let's throw the EZY route out of the question, since it doesn't look like a good one.

Rudestuff - I know you're suggesting to spread my training over three years, but I simply don't have 3 years for that. I understand you can get modular fATPL in less time than an integrated one, and I'm currently exploring possibilities.

I say the price difference isn't too big but I think, by saying that, I gave off on impression that we're severely limited by budget - my parents don't mind paying some extra to get support post-training. My number one concern now is employment after training. We've already established there's no "guaranteed jobs" in this industry but I'd like to give myself the best shot. Does anyone know whether these ATOs such as Skyborne have direct employment connections to airlines? We've seen graduates (see Skyborne's instagram) get into EZY 5 days after completion of training, but AFAIK they don't hire low hours/ newly qualified unless from their saturated MPL scheme and other similar routes. I understand 5 days is very rare and can take around 6 months (or more).

I also suspect that having the degree can potentially help your job prospects (correct me if I'm wrong).

My plan currently is to finish training (whether we decide modular or integrated, then get myself to Uni on the next intake and apply to airlines during Uni).
If Modular:
The degree is integrated in the course and costs £6,000 to add on and should be completed more or less during the 18 months, and gives me something to fall back on if I fail a medical.
If I was to go modular I'd like to complete it in one year (is that possible!?) so I can go to Uni with perhaps a deferred entry from next year's entrance.

I did some research and took rudestuff's advice for the best order to do these courses (just to link the other thread I made) for a modular plan and this is what I came up with, if you haven't seem my other thread already.:

I haven't applied for any course yet so I'm under no pressure to make the right decision.
- Doing a PPL (It currently costs £170 locally p/h)
- For the flight hours alone, I'll assume it takes around 50 hours. 50 hours * 170 /hr = £8500
- The theory exams costs £30 per exam, with 9 exams that's £270 for the exams
- I don't have prices for examiner, I'll edit this when they get back to me.
PPL: £8770 + examiner fees, Duration: 1 month, Flight hours: 50
Ground School
- I cannot do distance learning I'm afraid.
- Cost: £5900
Cost: £5900, Duration: 6 months
MEP:

- 6 hour instruction time, £3400 for instructor time
- Theory exam: £30 + 2-3 hours of examiner time: £30 + £1650: £1680
MEP: £5080, Duration: 1 week, Flight hours: 9
CBIR (ME):

- £12,800 quoted
- £150 license issue fee + £40 theory test + £1000 Skill test + £650 landing fees
- Accomodation £1680
CBIR: £14,490, Duration: 6-8 weeks, Flight hours: 15
UPRT:
- £1700 for course
- Accomodation: £150
UPRT: £1850, Duration: 1 week, Flight hours: 3

Hour building:
- I'll need approximately 100 hours to reach the 175 hour minimum to start CPL
- Potentially I could do this in the US, I've seen on forums here that it can be cheaper due to the better weather.
- Found a site which hires for $120/hour
- Total cost for building $120 x 100 hours = $12,000 (at time of writing approximately £9,600)
- Excl license conversion etc for US
Hour building, Cost: £9,600 Duration: (I'm not sure how many hours I can fly per day, I'll say 2 months?)
CPL:

- £7500 for the sim time, and instruction
- Accomodation is £850
CPL: £8350, Duration: 1 month
MCC:

- £6,000 for the course
MCC: £6,000, Duration: 3 weeks
Total Cost: £54,040, Duration: under a year hopefully, plus some examiner fees, CRP5, protractor, headset. MEP and CBIR pre-CPL to save a bit of money building hours.