PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation CAE MPL easyJet
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2023, 13:20
bitcoin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cae mapl

Originally Posted by Pilot.Mark
I would tread very carefully. Current feedback is that CAE do not have the capacity to train the cadets that they have recruited and because of the delays the job vacancies originally allocated for MPL's have been recruited for externally and filled with white tails leaving question marks over where the MPL cadet's will go.

Here's a few extracts from the different threads:
- The originally advertised 18 month course is taking anywhere from 2.5-3 years
- Cadet's in Phoenix were returned to the UK after only several flights and informed of a six month delay
- Cadet's in ground school have all been informed of significant delays due to lack of aircraft/instructors
- 150 MPL allocated vacancies have been filled with white tails
- Treatment of cadet's is by CAE is very poor
- Recruitment for the course has continued as normal which means hundreds of cadets are in ground school with no availability for flight training on completion of ATPL's

No employment is guaranteed
Thank you, Pilot Mark and thebeast121. I suppose I'm a bit worried about job security. I'm also looking at Skyborne's Integrated (I know!), but this is why:

- They offer the BSc degree hence I can apply for 2 years of student finance. I don't wish to discuss precisely how much as it will potentially reveal my household income, but it is up to more than £40,000 (they state) a lot of people can apply for. It may also help with job prospects/airlines which stipulate a degree requirement to even apply.
- I've heard great things about Skyborne, the staff and quality of training especially. I've visited their training center in Gloucester and it was a very pleasant building.
- Most importantly: from what I've heard the placement in Skyborne is excellent and they have connections with airlines, such as their recent easyJet placements - as far as I know they're not currently hiring low hours outside of MPLs and such, so is it possible Skyborne have direct connections with airlines to place their graduates in? Not to mention the BA Whitetail scheme, but I am questioning how many trainees get into that scheme, so if anyone has any information about this, that would be great. This is rather vital for me, I don't want to be out of work for longer than 6 months having spent a lot of money and I think I would benefit from their graduate placement programme.
- I'm not sure going modular is the route for me, the main priority here is employment, and I have no support after I finish my modular training, as I said before I don't mind paying a little extra to get employment. I've heard Skyborne are very confident in placing their trainees into airlines.