PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots... Again.
Old 12th Nov 2023, 00:40
papakurapilot

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Once again CASA AvMed sticks their head into a situation that was previously settled. Not a single person on earth would debate the fact that doctors can diagnose a Colour Vision Defect. This is where their knowledge on Colour Vision ends. They have not a clue on the first thing about how colour vision affects safe aviation. This should be left to flight crew licensing, real pilots not make believe pilots.

Seeing the above slides reminded me of a time where CASA AvMed thought it appropriate to send my employer an email saying that he employed a CVD pilot and he should consider the safety of that decision. This absolutely abhorrent torrent of attacks from CASA on a previously settled issue is at best a waste of tax payer money and at worst it's outright bullying and harassment of air crew. When I spoke on the phone to Tony Hochberg about what would happen to my medical as a result of this new "policy" I was given no answer and was told it would be on a "case by case basis". As someone with circa 5,000 hours this is lunacy.

This case has been fought again and again, and not once has CASA ever won a decision on it outside of their own dictatorship. When will the madness end.
The following 4 users liked this post by papakurapilot: