PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance awarded Air France contract @ MAN....
Old 23rd Jan 2004, 07:05
Who'stheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to get too involved in the debate, i've made my feelings clear on the subject of handling agents/CLP vs dedicated dispatch already and some of the comments are just embarrassing.

Just one question:

jimbols6

Your statement about DNATA, the only handling agent who seem to want to spend lots?

I agree with the statement, yes lots spent on advertising and recruitment but I was offered a job with them, I've also spent some time in DXB and know a couple of people in the "Ground Dispatch" position. Their expansion is such that they are desperate to get people in and have even contacted people who turned them down to ask them again to join them.

It is a CLP based system for flights ex DXB the money isn't great for the GD's and from what I hear the CLP'ers are a grade lower (could be wrong on the latter???) even though they are doing the more technical part of the job - (I am not degrading thr role of co-ordination at the gate!! As I stated before i've been CLP and Load control), is this right???.

The dept appears to be run by ex UK/AUS and other expats and employ a very "diverse" workforce and from what I hear training is not up to scratch. If you are going to have paper runners at the gate communicating from there to CLP they HAD BETTER be able to interpret the information and communicate it properly or all that money means sod all.

WTD

Last edited by Who'stheDaddy; 23rd Jan 2004 at 07:16.