PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance awarded Air France contract @ MAN....
Old 23rd Jan 2004, 05:18
phoenix son

With MY reputation?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony_EM,

Although we seem to have diversified a little from the original subject into more of a slanging match, I think it's fair to say that you know a fair bit about Dispatch and Ops.
The majority of us contributing to this thread agree that regardless of the Load Control system in use/system for Loadsheet distribution(CLP etc)/number of flights dispatched in each terminal or any other factors involved, there is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EXPERIENCED STAFF......
Although Aviance seem to be getting a bad press here (I can't comment, I come into contact with them but don't deal directly), it's fair to say that this is the same story for any Handling Agent, who have gone down the road of providing the service the carriers want at the price they want(i.e. no profit in it,doing the job for peanuts) which means they want cheap, minimally trained staff out on the ramp a.s.a.p. to turn the aircraft around, whether they are capable of the job in hand or not. I have worked for Handling Agents (a number of years at Servisair amongst others) at a number of stations, as well as Airlines (see the recent thread regarding VS at LHR and you will realise that the Handling Agents are not alone in their plight) and no matter which station you look at, there will always be issues regarding training levels. This is not down to the individuals, much more the policies of the Management who in turn are under pressure from their superiors - Many of the Handling Agents are under pressure from the shareholders which is why costs are cut back so far in the first place.

A vicious circle???

Regards,

PHX