PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance awarded Air France contract @ MAN....
Old 23rd Jan 2004, 03:22
Tony_EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trained in singapore, by Singapore Airlines and issued with an SQ licence to teach wgt/bal for their 744s and A340s in fact.

I was initially trained by Iberia and worked closely with IB ops for the first 2 years. The significance is that I worked with people who had over 30 years experience in ops.

Some of the airlines I've despatched;

Iberia
Austrian
Canadian
Royal Brunei
Singapore Airlines
Biman Bangladesh
Turkmenistan
Cyprus
South African
British Midland
Nigerian
Qatar
Manx

As you can see, they are not all based in T3.

I'm not surprised you have to jump to such rash conclusions in order to call people liars. Spoken like a true Aviance manager;

you wouldnt know true ops if it jumped up and bit you on ya ass!
I remember in the olds days; despatchers used to get 6 month training before they were let near an aircraft. You are defending a company that sends complete novices out to full DC10s with only 2 weeks in a classroom and no support or supervision.

I may not know everything about ops, but I took it upon myself to learn as much as I could from as many sources as possible since BMHS and Aviance clearly had no intention of training me properly. The big deal is that LHR ops most experienced despatcher only had 2 years on 2 different airlines after I left. Their intention was always to get rid of people that made a fuss when corners were cut and regulations ignored. I was the last that learnt from the real professionals, enough to know real cowboy stuff when I see it which is the point I am trying to make.

Redcap...what is that, baggage porter and wheelchair pusher?