PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 14th Oct 2023, 17:55
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotorwills
You can't complain when a company wish's to portray itself as competitive, adding all the benefits as part of basic salary however is not really fair. Fortunately we have posters who will call this out and it's a plainly obvious tactic. The one I would take issue with is the reference to, fast track command. Certainly I have knowledge that in the UK the shortage of FO's is seriously holding up internal,command opportunities. Do not believe that fast track is anything but false promise. I know of guys and gals with thousands of hours all over 4, that have not a chance of command. DEC is the way they are presently filling the large number of holes. The cadet program is planned to fix this issue eventually, but it's a few years off, before command upgrades go back to anything like normality. Do not be misled. It's all a pipe dream FR sell but on the other hand they do serve our aviation industry with opportunities.
You absolutely can complain, and we’ll continue to do so