PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus down Gundaroo, 06/10/23
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2023, 10:27
cncpc

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Flower
Excuse me? My husband was laughing & joking with me one second & dead the next! So what is that then if it isn't an on/off switch to end life instantly, rendering all other systems inoperative in a split second?

DF.
First of all, my sympathies on the loss of your husband.

I have no idea how this thread swerved off the road to the point where we discuss incapacitation in the narrow framework of it being only and instantly fatal heart attack. There are dozens of things which can incapacitate you in an airplane for which you can simply pull over in a car. We experienced it with a family member less than a year ago. He was driving in Kelowna, had previously had a heart attack, felt another one coming on, saw the other side of the road was clear with traffic at the oncoming light, swerved across, rolled up onto the curb, and died. A Mountie was at the light, saw it happen, was there almost out instantly, had him out of the car, saw he wasn't breathing, gave him CPR and brought him back.

I believe that the most likely cause of this crash was pilot incapacitation. That is far more deadly in an airplane than in a car. It may well be something else.