PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2023, 03:14
Gne

Received 65 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Just to be clear: CASA is the 'airspace regulator', not OAR. The regulations and the Airspace Act say so. There is no mention of OAR in either.

In effect, the recommendations from the review are just CASA making recommendations to itself. I've pointed out how nonsensical that is before. In another example - I think it had to do with Avalon airspace - one of the recommendations of CASA was that Airservices propose something to CASA.

The current arrangement facilitates the use by Ms Spence of her prevarication weapon choice: Endless consultation processes.
Which is why the original recommendation from the AERU (remember that mob?) was that OAR be placed functionally separate from CASA but... lobbying by both CASA and AsA meant it ended up as a section of CASA, not even reporting directly to the DAS.

And then the recruiting for the Head of OAR was kidnapped and put with an external agency which understood, from comment external to the process, that a local candidate would not be suitable. I'm told, reliably, that two local candidates who the then Dep Sec considered would be suitable were not even progressed to short list or interview. Both received call from the DepSec asking why they had not applied - "But we did..." they replied. And the full list of applicants was not in the selection report.

Gne