PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tragedy at Cathay Pacific: When toxic culture claims lives of 2 pilots
Old 11th Oct 2023, 09:34
Tiger pork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VOCH..well, I think we have to agree to disagree then.
I would submit that if your injuries are blatant and in need of assistance, then any legacy carrier would be duty bound to provide help. However, as a collective matter, my experience from a general perspective, is that of little concern by the CC for pax, both in EY and pseudo biz/biz. CX CC provide the bare minimum of service demanded by the Regulator and indeed, are probably more than well versed in their safety duties, ( though the recent ish 777 abort is a testament otherwise..).

The travel volumes on the Europe to HKG route are very high post covid. I could pop a DC3 on that gig and fill it. The massive decant into China and the seamless provisions given by CX, HE etc is a great benefit to the flying public in that respect and it is nominally that, driving the choice in chosing CX over say BA or KLM for instance. As for the management at CX and at higher levels in the Swire cabal, I have to bring the corporate barometer you use to task. If you believe that there has been NO shift in good governance towards bad, since the late 90's then you have been living in some sort of pertinacious bubble. The real world that has seen a large percentage of the CX pilots walk, early retire and even retrain in other professions has been substantial, though I will concede that covid has been a pernicious partner for us all. That CX has survived is not..NOT due to good governance but more towards the support given by our own HKG Govt.

I am not as you say, " a typical CX basher"..far from it. I would dearly love to see the Company I built..yes..I BUILT succeed but on the back of FairPlay, proper pilot playing fields and sound, solid empathy. Currently, the leadership has much to be desired in not being a meritocracy..not being driven by the fields defined by good diligence and not soliciting the good will of its front line crews..that is evident by the large % of leavers since mid covid. When that changes and expat pilots return to fly the Swire flag again then maybe you might buy either a new barometer or take a look outside that bubble.