PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thief steals flying helmet while HEMS paramedic attends patient
Old 11th Oct 2023, 07:47
AeroAmigo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Like there was never d*ckheads in the past...
I have to agree with this, Without meaning to get too side-tracked from the subject of the post, I think social media proliferates how much stuff like this the average person sees. Whilst 10-20 years ago the same may have happened, it'd probably have made a small section of a local newspaper if it got any traction at all, nowadays it can be in front of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people on their Facebook pages etc only moments after stuff like this happens. It only takes a few clicks and a publish button to reach them. I don't think society has necessarily got drastically worse, we are just far more aware of the petty crime and other behaviours of local nuisances that are right under our noses, which can only be a good thing I suppose.

As for those who stole the helmet, I hope they're caught and the appropriate punishment handed to them. Mindless opportunism, Not a clue what you'd do with a made-to-fit HEMS helmet, who can you flog that too on the sly? Not sure its worth much to anyone other than the intended user.
The following users liked this post: