PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MRH-90 crash Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 21:47
rattman

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Doors Off
Sad event and I do hope that the crew are found.

Rattman, I truly wish I had your insight and knowledge to draw parallels between 2 separate accidents, before both have been fully examined. Permanent grounding would seem a big call to those who don’t have the same incredible crash investigation conduct and completion ability as yourself. I do hope that you share your report with both the ADF and the ATSB.

Originally Posted by 212man
So far this year to date, there have been 4 Blackhawk accidents with 30 fatalities (2 were a mid-air). Last year there were 18 accidents with 16 fatalities. If we grounded aircraft types every time they have an accident, or two, there would be nothing flying!
Why permanently ground a helicopter because of an accident that may very well have been simply due to operational risks (low flying at nicht over water has proven very accident prone -almost never tech related- over the past decades)? Pilots will be flying desks for a year and lose currency. Do you think that will benefit the safety on the new type? When then the first Blackhawk plows in do you want to ground them as well?

Guess I can be smug and laugh at you. Richard Marles, Australian defence minister has just announced a permanent grounding of taipans. It was bleeding obvious to anyone with half a brain that taipan would be never fly again regardless of it being a technical or pilot error.