PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation PIA
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 01:22
framer

Received 495 Likes on 133 Posts
It would require the different pilot groups to work together however, and well... Straya.
I am hopeful that the past is not necessarily the best indicator of the future on this topic. Over the last twenty years divide and conquer has been successful but there seems to be a shift in the mindset of many ‘workers’ across all industries post Covid.
The stage has been set perfectly for aircrew and Engineers across Australia, at all levels to achieve significant improvements to their working conditions. There will always be those who dredge up the past and focus inwardly but they are not the majority. I think that we will see QF Mainline crews supporting pilots from Jetconnect , Jetstar pilots sending messages of support to Virgin pilots, Rex pilots supporting Bonza pilots, a final realisation that companies are pretty much all the same mish mash of lawyers and accountants with licence holders doing the work and taking the responsibility. If they’re a licence holder, you should be supporting their efforts to improve conditions if you want the same for yourself. Forget what company they work for, support the colleague.
If you get a chance to voice a similar attitude then do it because it may be the difference between letting this career path continue to decline or making it great again.
( keep in mind that I’m an optimist)
The following 11 users liked this post by framer: