PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alliance, Bonza or REX
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2023, 08:10
Flydawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krismiler
There are two things to look for if you want a quick upgrade, an expanding company with pilot turnover will get you into the left seat a lot quicker than a mature legacy airline where everyone stays until they retire.

Alliance is more established and you prefer their base, however the type rating is less useful than the other two.

Bonza would be a bit of a gamble as a new start up but if it works out you could be right place at the right time, similar to the pilots who joined Virgin back in the early 2000s got a quick upgrade and are now B737 Captains living in Brisbane.

REX is more established and should be a bit more stable and if you weren’t planning on staying long term would be okay for a few years to build up the hours.

You’re lucky to have three job offers, back in the 1990s you were lucky to get one and had to grab what ever was going. At the end of the day it’s a lotto as to which will have the best outcome. I went overseas in the early 2000s and had three possible employers at the time, I simply took the first one that offered me a job. Luckily it was the right choice as they were taken over by a major airline and I’m much better off than I would have been with either of the others.
Yes time have changed a lot from when i got my CPL, back than you needed 100 moon landings to get a turboprop gig. I have mostly flown overseas after getting my license's, very lucky indeed to be offered 3 jobs within a span of days. Bonza shiny new jets with quick upgrade is very tempting plus shiny new 737 max8 would be nice to fly, the F100 seems like it will be out of service in a few years but good for building jet time from what i hear the crew are making bank atm. REX would be good to build time as well.