PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alliance, Bonza or REX
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2023, 13:08
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
None of them.

Alliance - look at the rate they’re losing E190 crew. They can’t keep any staff, pilots or otherwise. You have to ask yourself why. Also, as a QF subsidiary, you’re putting the final nail in the coffin of any aspirations to mainline. There’s subsidiary pilots who have been on the hold file for 6+ years with no end in sight. You’re ending your mainline career chances by joining any subsidiary.

Bonza - If you like zero job security, go for it. They’re mixing up their routes already trying to find something profitable. I’m not familiar, do you pay for the endorsement and then they pay it back to you by a return of service? What happens to your out of pocket costs when they go tits up?

Rex - They just made a $45m loss in a period of unprecedented travel demand on the back of bargain basement leasing costs. A third of their turboprops are parked up due to lack of parts and crew. You do the math! You’ll work your guts out only to receive communique from the owner than you’re ”spitting in my face”, and “if it’s too hot in the kitchen, then get out!” You know they make their cadet pilots mow lawns, weed the gardens and write “solemn vows” right?

My opinion - wait for mainline to open again next month. They have huge hiring requirements next few years. You can walk straight into a short haul FO slot if you desire, and you’ll earn significantly more as a shorthaul FO than you will with a command at any of the three airlines above.

Play the long, smart game and ignore your shiny jet syndrome.
Yep punt around in a King Air till you get a Mainline Next Month.

If he/she was getting mainline next few years - any 3 will be a better pay/experience than a small turbo prop in any other company.